What is Mindful Maintenance?
Mindful Maintenance is using the practice of Mindfulness as a key tool for weight loss maintenance.
Many of us have struggled with weight problems because of emotional eating, stress eating, comfort eating, and unconscious or automatic eating.
When we practice mindfulness, we become more attuned to ourselves and to our experience, both emotional and physical, internal and external. We become more self-aware. Self-awareness is essential for long-term weight management success, because in order to maintain a healthy weight, we need to avoid eating for reasons other than hunger. We need to be aware of when we’re physically hungry, and when we’re not physically hungry. Many of us develop the habit of eating when we’re not physically hungry. We eat for many different reasons.
We also need to be aware of when we’re hungry for food, versus something other than food (like rest, fun, companionship, conversation, peace, and so on). We need to be aware of the triggers that drive us to eat when we are not physically hungry, and we need to tune into our bodies so that we can be aware of when we are hungry and when we are full.
About the Mindful Maintenance program
In this four-week telephone program (yes, you can attend from anywhere, even in your pajamas, with complete privacy!) you will learn how to:
- Harness the power of mindfulness and self-awareness
- Effectively pay attention to your body and its needs
- Figure out how to feed yourself what you’re actually hungry for
- Successfully deal with your feelings and with stress, without turning to food
- Plan for challenges, demands and triggers so they don’t trip you up like they have in the past
- Avoid contagious eating
- Manage social pressures
- Build on your successes
What you will get:
- Four one-hour classes
- Effective homework strategies that are a snap to complete—these will immediately transform your eating habits and how you feel about yourself!
- Lasting confidence that you can do this
- Freedom from the lifelong struggle to not regain weight
- The money you’ll save on new clothes and medical expenses
- Relief from worry about regaining
- Improved self-esteem and self-image
- Confidence for every other situation in your life
Can you taste the freedom?
Learn more by downloading my free Mindful Maintenance report now!
Click here for your copy.
In February, Doreen presented “The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Losers” to Memorial Hermann Southeast Bariatric Surgery Support Group. In this photo are Linda Knighten, APRN, MSN, FNP-BC, Bariatric Program Coordinator/Family Nurse Practitioner; Valerie Solomon; and Charles House.