Is This You?
What kind of people work with me?
No matter what your life situation or background is, my clients usually describe themselves in similar ways. If these characteristics sound like you, you’re likely someone I could help.
Do any of these fit your situation?
- You’ve lost and gained weight many times over, gaining more and more each time. You’ve finally reached your healthy goal weight (or you’re close to it) – again – and you don’t want to regain ever again.
- You’ve tried so many “diet” programs and they all work just fine while you’re on them. But when you’re done with them, that’s when your problem starts.
- You’ve used food as a way of coping with stress, creating happiness, or turning off painful feelings.
- Food and eating play a big role in your social life.
- You may (or may not) be a parent or a caregiver, you may (or may not) be working or in school, but nonetheless you live a busy life with many demands on your time and energy.
- You’re sick and tired of this and want a solution that works for you. You want freedom from this cycle that you seem to get stuck in.
- When you regain the weight you lost it affects how you feel about yourself, as well as many other things in your life.
- You’re proud of yourself for getting the weight off again, but you’re afraid of regaining. Nonetheless, you’re determined that things will be different this time.
- You’re tired of carrying the painful emotions that go along with regaining – as well as the physical or medical problems you may have suffered.
- You want to find a way to keep the weight off – this time. You just want to stay healthy, and this means staying at a healthy weight. And you want to feel good about yourself.
- You don’t want to have to buy bigger clothes ever again.
- You don’t want other people to witness you regaining the weight once more.
- You want to be a good role model for other people in your life who are important to you.